Sunday, April 6, 2014

Happy Things

I don't know how, but I made it through church without a seizure.  PRAISE. THE. LORD.  This means it's been two weeks since my last seizure, the longest I've been at school without one since this whole mess started six months ago.  Again, PRAISE.

I got to experience my first Communion at Theater Church.  My only regret is that it's 3 weeks before what is likely my last Sunday there.  But it was beautiful.

The whole service was beautiful, really.  It was one of those days where I felt like God gave Pastor Sean that whole sermon just for me.  I sat next to Carla (Pastor Sean's wife) the whole service, and I kept having to wipe tears from the edge of my eyes, and she would so sweetly reach over and squeeze my hand or wrap her arm around me.  I wish that everyone could have a family like the one I found there.  It's such a relief to have a church family that I don't have to pretend in front of...so unlike the church I grew up in.

After church, I came back, ate lunch, and, aside from a short nap that was largely due to the fact that my sleep has been awful all week, spent the rest of the day working on my Political Thought paper.  (Finally.)  I printed off the giant articles I'm using, highlighted the relevant pieces, and managed to get to the top of page 5 before my eyes started throbbing and I gave up for the night.  Considering this paper isn't due until Friday, it only has to be 15 pages and we have to use footnotes, and I have all day Tuesday and Thursday to write, I'd say I'll be just fine.

Speaking of footnotes, this is the first paper that I've done them for, and my word, I think my nerdy brain has fallen in love.  I'm mostly in love with how much space they take up at the bottom of the page.  I have seen the light.  Ha!

Tomorrow, my time outside of class will be devoted to my Seminar paper, since my second draft is due Tuesday.  For now, though, I am going to enjoy the end of Revenge and get a decent amount of sleep for the first time in over a week.  That's certainly something to be happy about in my book.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment