Monday, August 11, 2014

I knew this would happen.

Today was beyond irritating.  Truth be told, I never shared my hesitations with Mom or Holly about Holly moving with me.  I knew that if I responded to the idea when they first called while on the way to the apartment search a few weeks ago with anything less than unbridled enthusiasm, I would have been read the riot act about what a terrible sister I am.  Holly is the child that can do no wrong, and my job in this family is to just go along with whatever she and Mom want and not cause trouble.

Well, today, I was not in the mood to just go along with however they were in the mood to treat me.  I am so tired of always being the one at fault when they are the ones who treat me like a child when I am an adult and I didn’t move here to be treated the exact same way I did when Holly and I were in high school.

So yeah.  There were fights.  And I cried.  And it was all my fault for being so bitchy because they weren’t being bossy or mean to me at all and blah blah blah.  Same thing that happens every time you get the three of us together.

And then we all pretty much got over ourselves.  The perks of tonight were that we went to this place called Brother Jimmy’s for dinner.  It’s named for Jim Valvano, the legendary NC State basketball coach, and it plays all the ACC football and baseball games and it’ll be a great place to go when we’re missing home and on game days.  That is not far from NYU, so we walked through a piece of the campus (it is WORLDS different from Campbell, and even NC State!) and ended up in Washington Square Park.  We got to listen to this phenomenal guitarist named Adam Road who was just sitting there playing and I realized that talent like him playing out in the open are just a normal thing in this city.  And then we walked a few blocks and went to this incredible gelato shop.  Thank you, map app.  Seriously, all I did was type in gelato, and this place popped up.

But then, Mom and Holly led me in the wrong direction 3 times trying to get back to the subway station and then IN the subway station, so by the time we finally made it back to the apartment, I not only was burning up, but I was also on the verge of tears from pain.  I could feel every muscle in my legs vibrating with tension as I walked up the stairs to our place.  It was awful.  So needless to say that was the end of the night for me.  

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment