Sunday, October 12, 2014

A Saving Grace

Today after the church service, I was talking to Betsy and Stephanie. Betsy is the same friend who came and visited me in the ER a couple weeks ago and Stephanie is this sort of grandmotherly type figure in the congregation. I had asked Betsy if I could talk to her, and I had been talking to Stephanie when she came back to find me.

I asked Betsy if she would pray for me just because of how I've been feeling and everything I've been dealing with. Stephanie decided to join her, and hey, I never say no to prayer.

But oh man. Usually I get this sense of peace when I get the chance to pray with people or they pray over me. Some people don't react very strongly to communal prayer, I know a few people for whom that is the case, but I definitely do. So like I said, I usually get a great sense of peace, calmness, and relaxation. Not today.

Today, Betsy had gotten maybe like three sentences into her prayer before tears started dripping down my cheeks. And I didn't try to stop them. I don't know what it is about what they said or what was different about this time, but it just broke me down. And you know what? It felt really good.

And then, I was talking to Dana afterwards, and she told me that she, Ben, and Betsy are planning to come be at the hospital and like take care of pretty much anything I need next week.

My City Grace dam, I tell you. I don't know how I'd have made it through the past couple months still standing if they weren't surrounding me holding me up.

They are such a sweet saving grace in my life. And I am thankful beyond words.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment