Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Things in my head tonight.

Doctors need to learn that I know my body better than they do. Do they really think I didn't manage to learn things with a medical history so extensive?

The stonewalling I'm getting for this simple surgery is absurd. I've never seen doctors so obsessive.

I really, really hope they find a neurologist to see me, and that that doc and the endocrinologist I see tomorrow will clear me. If I have to postpone until mid-November, which is when the next open surgery date is, I'm going to be SCREWED when it comes to trying to write my final papers. Plus that's another month without use of my one good arm.

In happier news, Emma is coming to town this weekend and I am absolutely STOKED.

I'm actually doing well at chipping away at my to-do list for the week. It feels good not to be in a panic. It also feels good to know exactly what I'm going to write about in the short paper I need to write for Civil War tomorrow.

Florida State isn't #1 in the polls anymore. That's insane, considering they haven't lost a game in almost two years.

Vaseline cocoa butter lotion? AMAZING. I normally hate using lotion, but I can't get enough of this stuff. Plus, who doesn't like to smell like chocolate?

It's true. Reading in bed really will put you to sleep.

I really need to stop biting my nails.

I keep having dreams about this one particular soccer boy. It's bizarre. I can't figure out what my subconscious is doing sometimes. I also have this recurring dream that I'm naked in public places, but that's for a different blog post...

I miss my mom.

I'm looking forward to the therapy appointment I have on Friday. And I'll be even more looking forward to it if these idiots end up canceling my surgery.

Because really, how can "my best interest" be keeping my one good arm in excruciating pain while I'm trying to be a grad student? I just don't get it.

I think I'll go to bed now. Laying down flat on my back seems to be the one thing that eases the throbbing in my shoulder.

Plus the morning will be here all too quickly.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment