Sunday, November 16, 2014

Adieu to you and you and you.

You know what feels like the world's biggest tease? Getting an almost $1200 check in the mail and then later finding out that it's because instead of directly paying the FDNY EMS people, your health insurance sent the check for the bill to you and expected you to forward it. Because that makes so much mores sense than just paying them directly.

Then again, I probably should have known that something was up since, ya know, people aren't exactly in the habit of sending me money for no reason.

Today was lovely. Since I slept so much yesterday from feeling so awful, after I blogged, I got the outline for my UN paper done so I can turn that in tomorrow. Then I laid in bed and did crossword puzzles for several hours until I fell asleep. I'm talking, like, I saw 4:45 this morning. And somehow, I still woke up long before my alarm went off for church.

Church was as fantastic as ever. I love those people, plain and simple. And it's easy to see how much they care for me, as well.

After church, I came home and ate. Hallelujah, I can keep food down today.

Then I started to watch the 49ers vs Giants game (because I can only see Niners games now if they're playing a New England team, it seems. Boo.) but fell asleep.

I woke up several hours later, ate a little something more, and then worked on some snail mail. Because sometimes instead of just working yourself like crazy, you need to do something you enjoy. And I wanted to respond to the friends who have sent me cards recently before I have surgery since I don't know when I'll be handwriting anything after that.

I got the questions for my History class sent in. Tomorrow all I'll have to do is the response paper, but since I don't have to be at the hospital super early and I don't usually sleep much the night before surgery anyway, I should have plenty of time.

Now, I think I'm going to go see if Holly will help me make some Ramen and then go to bed.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment