Friday, November 7, 2014

It's strange to use "only" and "concussion" in the same sentence.

So, good news is I only seem to have a mild concussion from Wednesday, which would be enough to cause the memory issues I've had since I hit my head. I was thankful to actually get checked out, since the ER didn't do anything except clean up the area of my head and seal the wound and tell me to go home.

And then I came home and fell asleep for several hours because I didn't sleep much last night. Probably because I'd slept all day from the awful pain from the hit. And also because I ran out of Vicodin that allowed me to sleep through my shoulder pain on Monday.

When I woke up, I went and got my new set of keys from my super (hooray! that man is awesome, seriously), checked my box and found a Vicodin prescription that my surgeon sent me to get me to surgery because I can't get a pain management place to call me back. Then I went to the pharmacy. I got that filled, and found out that even though my primary care said she was sending in a Levothyroxine prescription when I left her office today because my endocrine doctor is now on medical leave so I can't get it from her she actually didn't send it in, but luckily I still have a few more pills. I also bought an ice pack that the pharmacist said would be excellent for my shoulder surgery and an Ace bandage type thing just in case the strap that is on the ice pack doesn't work, because that's happened to me before. Then I went to Supper for some lemon pasta because, well, it's lemon pasta and since I had all my keys now, my roommate didn't have to wait around to make sure I could get back in the apartment.

I came back and got caught up in random TV shows for several hours. The roommate made a cake for absolutely no reason. Holly came home and we watched John Oliver and The Big Bang Theory. I probably should have been reading stuff for Monday, but oh well. My head seems to finally be healing from Wednesday, so I might actually be able to focus on reading something tomorrow. That's seemed pretty impossible the past few days.

I really hope my blog takes a more positive tone soon. I feel like I've had nothing but bad news for a while now and I don't like it. Sorry for being such a downer, but I'm doing my best.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment