Saturday, January 24, 2015

Ah, brick wall, there you are.

Well, I knew this feeling would come sooner or later.

After writing almost 14,000 words and more than 50 pages in eight days, my motivation ran into a serious brick wall and came to a screeching halt when I woke up today.

Despite knowing that it is Saturday which means I have to turn it in in just two more days, I had absolutely no desire to sit back down at my computer and write another. dang. paper.

My brain was all tapped out.

My energy was kaput.

My productivity came to a standstill.

I just wanted to lay on my bed and not move a single muscle.

Which is what I did for most of the day. But then I started thinking about what other stuff I have to do tomorrow and Monday, and how I'd regret wasting this time and then working myself into a panic to get it in on Monday if I got behind later on. And I talked to Mom who, when I told her I need some motivation, responded in her best, most actress-y, most exaggerated voice possible, "DO YOU WANT TO FAIL?!" Ha. That's Mom-code for "suck it up and get on with it, crazy child".

So I did. And I got 1600 words done, the introduction plus 2 of the 6 sources I need to discuss. That leaves 4 sources and the conclusion to do between tomorrow and Monday. Totally doable.

Tonight, though, I'm going to bed (relatively) early because I have church in the morning. I didn't make it last Sunday because I was up half the night with an upset stomach (and that was AFTER puking that morning), so I am more than ready to get back.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment