Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Dream Clayton sucks. Real Clayton is awesome.

So in going with the insane dream theme of the week, last night's dream was basically an all-night saga of sweet, precious, not-a-mean-bone-in-his-body Clayton going off on me, calling me unlovable and basically all the mean things I ever heard from Chelsea and bullies growing up crammed into one long dream coming out of the mouth of one of the nicest, most loyal people I've ever met in my life.

I had a hard time shaking that one off when I woke up. For the first few minutes I was shaken and scared that that dream was some weird premonition and there was something I was missing. But then I remembered something vital.

This is Clayton.

But even still, I couldn't get the dream out of my head. Luckily for me, I got to see real-live Clayton on FaceTime tonight. We were talking about Daylight Savings Time changing and how that throws everyone off, and I mentioned the strange dreams I'd been having and mentioned that last night was the craziest of all and it had him in it. (The funniest part is I was in his dream last night, too, but it was completely normal, us just hanging out.) He asked me what happened so I told him.

He sat there and listened and then, the second I was done, exclaimed, "Wow, dream me is a dick!" Ah, Clayton.

So afterwards, as a joke, I asked him if he would send me a video of him just saying "I love you, Mal" so that if dream him shows back up I could play it on repeat to remind myself that real-live him actually is pretty fond of me. I was laughing the whole time, and had my usual smirk on, so I know he knew I was kidding.

He sent me the video, anyway. And included him holding his hands in the shape of a heart.

I have a feeling this video is going to come in handy on many bad days, whether jerk dream him comes back or not. We all need to hear that someone loves us on a bad day.

To you reading this right now, I sincerely hope you have a friend like this in your life.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment