Thursday, March 19, 2015

I'm so happy tonight.

For three reasons.

There's this.



A video posted by Mallory Jones (@_callmemal) on


Heavens to Betsy, Wolfpack. Please, please, PLEASE, when you play #1 Villanova on Saturday, do not wait until the last 20% of the game to remember how to play basketball!

We won 66-65 after coming back from a 16-point deficit at the start of the second half with 0.1 on the clock by a basket from the guy who is normally our star defender and not known for making shots.

I hate to sound like a cliché white girl but I can't even right now. I spent like 10 solid minutes on the phone with Mom afterward going "Oh my gosh" repeatedly.

Of course, then I had to deal with all the haters going "Why is NC State celebrating like that? They barely won!" Hello! We're celebrating like that BECAUSE we barely won! Going from a 16-point deficit to winning at the buzzer feels freaking amazing! I think this is what Jimmy V would say to those people.


Mom said this game felt like the Heart Attack Pack of Mr. Valvano and 1983. I screamed very loudly when that shot went in. Thankfully, the country knows it's March Madness so the neighbors didn't call 911.

And then there's this: I got to talk to my love, Jay (from England) on Skype for over an hour tonight. It's been way too long since we've had a decent chat, and I've missed him so much. Just getting to hear his voice made me beam with happiness. Thank God for technology.

And finally, there's this: Tomorrow after work, I get to leave for the church retreat. I'll be at a center in the heart of the Poconos until Sunday afternoon, and then I'm not sure yet if I work Sunday night. There's very little cell reception, but there is Wifi, but I'm not even taking my computer, just my phone. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me this weekend, and for my church family.

Okay, off to bed. 6:30 will come very quickly.

I'm also very thankful I decided to take Benadryl around 10:15 tonight because otherwise, I would be way too wound up to sleep.

GO PACK!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment