Wednesday, March 4, 2015

That time I wanted to throat-punch an old lady.

For the first time in my life, I was in a 4-bed hospital room.

That was about as much fun as you would imagine.

Especially since I was sharing with 3 very old women, none of whom spoke very much English, who kept me up all. night. long.

The Chinese woman was hacking.

The Spanish woman either had her entire biological family in the room or was snoring like a buzzsaw.

And the Russian woman was moaning and whining for help and that she was dying no matter how many times or how frequently our nurse came in to see her. As soon as he left, she started up again. By about 3:30 am I was so tired and in so much pain that I wanted to get up and go off on her. I didn't, though. Because headphones.

Needless to say, this made an already crappy day worse.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment