Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Night-Before Jitters

I have an interview tomorrow.

My first ever professional interview.

It's for this place called The Cordoba Initiative up in Harlem. It's a multi-national organization that works with the Muslim community and works to build trust, cooperation, and peace among different cultures and religions.

I love what they stand for, so I hope I get it.

But let's be real: I also hope I get it because this is the only place that invited me for an interview out of a dozen applications, I couldn't really find anything else to apply for that I had a shot at being qualified for, and I'm running out of time.

I'm nervous. I was stuttering so bad just on the phone with the internship coordinator, and I'll be in person with the executive director tomorrow.

Gotta grow up and do stuff like this eventually, though, I guess.

Sigh. Here we go.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment