Thursday, August 13, 2015

Not Alone

I've been alone in the apartment all week. Holly went to NC on Saturday, and the roommate left to go home to her family on Sunday until the semester starts.

Too much silence...it starts to get to me. I don't do well with too much time by myself. Chalk it up to my 100% extrovert personality, or the fact that I have several things in my life right now that I'm trying not to stress about, but when I spend too much time alone, I get way too caught up in my head and either my depression kicks in or I send myself into a panic attack. Neither are very good options.

So by last night, I was more than needy to have someone to talk to (at least, about something other than Landon). So I looked through my phone thinking about who I could call up, and I settled on Christian. I haven't talked to him much because he quit working at Spiegel around my birthday, so we sort of drifted, which is easy to do when you don't have a set, given way to see each other.

It turned out to be something that I think we both really needed. It's always good to catch up with a friend, but especially so when you realize that you're struggling with the same feelings. Turns out, despite going through very different situations, we've both been battling similar issues within ourselves. It felt so good to talk it out, but also to have a distraction from it and laugh and be our usual silly selves.

And knowing Christian, I'm pretty sure he would say the same for him. He sure sounded a lot happier by the time we hung up than he did when we started.

But my favorite part of the conversation was when we decided we needed a good hangout. So we're going to get together tomorrow night and go to the movies. We're going to see some superhero movie that he really wants to see. I know nothing about it, but if it makes him happy, I'll gladly sit through it, since it means I get to spend time with him.

The goober better not cancel on me. ;)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment